CORONAVIRUS: See the 5 types of food you should eat during this period.
The Coronavirus epidemic is currently ravaging the continents of the world as there are a lot of changes globally.
As this virus spreads, we are getting fully informed on a lot of things like; how to practice social distancing, wash our hands, properly sanitize and use face masks, but we are not hearing much about how we can boost our immunity to act as a defense against this virus and fight off infections if we ever get exposed to it.
We all need to be aware that no matter what happens, our immune system is the only weapon we have to stay strong during this period, as there is no known cure and vaccine for this virus.
So what that means is that we have to eat as healthily as possible.
Just as expected in times like this, there’s already an high increase in the sales of supplement.
But rather than taking those tablets that claim to “boost your immune system” with no good supporting evidence, the real food you eat has a big impact on your defense and response to this wide spreading epidemic.
Now that you know, it’s important to have loads of healthy foods on hand, now that there’s a shutdown in most countries.
You basically need Food that are rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other immune supporting compounds.
For the helping you out, We have compiled a list of food that you should eat during this period.
1) FRUITS AND VEGETABLES: if you don’t normally take fruits, or cook with the abundant vegetables that we have all around, you are not doing your body any good. The essential micro nutrients needed to fight infections include vitamin A, B, C D, and E and a lot of these vitamins can be gotten from fruits and vegetables.
We need vitamin A to help make antibodies which neutralizes the pathogens that cause infection.
Some vegetables contain beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A. A good example is your carrot and other leafy green vegetables.
Of course you need Vitamin C which is really crucial for keeping your immune system strong. Examples are oranges, lemons, limes, berries, kiwifruit and others.
Also, when shopping for fruits, think long lasting fruits like Banana, Apples, and Oranges etc.
2) WHOLE GRAINS: These classes of food are an essential part of a healthy diet.
Whole grains are edible seeds of a plant e.g, Rice, Oat, Corn, wheat.
They abound with heart healthy soluble fiber that regulates blood pressure and cholesterol level.
They can also be refined into food products for wheat flour, wheat bread, pasta and others.
Examples include: Rice, Wheat, Oatmeal, Corn etc.
You need to incorporate them into your diet if you haven’t and a good way to do this is through making homemade Granola Bars.
I’ll show you all about it later.
So ask yourself! Are you eating them enough?
3) FIBRE RICH FOODS: A lot of those whole grain foods we talked about above are very rich in Fiber.
Take more cereals, make the Oat Meals, and use the Corn Kernel for Popcorn.
The vegetables we eat too are also fiber fortified.
Now is the best time to fill up your system with these powerful food.
4) PROTEIN RICH FOOD: Your body needs protein now more than ever before.
You need to invest in those classes of food rich in essential protein like your Beans, Fish, Milk, Egg, Chicken, and Meat.
This type of food can last you longer.
Egg for instance can stay fresh for weeks when you store them properly.
Milk has a good shelf life, you can store up your Chicken and meat in the freezer.
5) NUTS: Yes! Healthy Nuts! You need a high dose of them in this season.
Although according to health experts, the highest nut rich in calcium, Vitamins and other vital Minerals is the Almond Nut.
Others too are nutrient packed and fully loaded with a lot of antioxidants and fibre, and the good thing is they come dry.
Examples include your Dates, Cashew, Tiger Nuts Hazel Nut, Walnut etc…
You can use them in almost anything you choose to. For smoothies, baking and so on.
Please, eat & snack on those food items as much as you can.
Did I miss out anything? Tell me in the COMMENT BELOW.
Kindly SHARE to help someone’s life too.
FOLLOW me for more.
Avoid Sudden Death at Night
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
- dot grid bullet journal on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- Edgar on SELF LOVE | Six Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- viagra for women on BREAKING: We’ve identified those who had contact with coronavirus patient, says Larfarge
- cheap mlb jerseys from China on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- school management system on Couple names twin babies Corona and COVID
Leave a Reply