EDO POLL: Jonathan reacts, counsels Obaseki on governance after victory
Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan has reacted to the emergence of Governor Godwin Obaseki as the winner of the just concluded Edo State governorship election.
In a series of tweets on Sunday, the former president congratulated Governor Obaseki over his reelection and also charged him to set aside partisan politics while governing the state for the good of all.
Goodluck Jonathan also commended the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for conducting a free and fair election in the state.
He wrote thus on Twitter: “I congratulate His Excellency @GovernorObaseki on his re-election as Edo State Governor. I also congratulate @inecnigeria for overseeing a process that allowed the votes of the good people of Edo to count.
“Democracy can only be consolidated to promote good governance in our nation and continent when our elections become credible, transparent and truly represent the wish of the voters.
“Through their ballot papers, Edo people have spoken in favour of Governor Obaseki. He should therefore rise above partisan politics and govern for the good of all,” the former president added.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
- dot grid bullet journal on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- Edgar on SELF LOVE | Six Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- viagra for women on BREAKING: We’ve identified those who had contact with coronavirus patient, says Larfarge
- cheap mlb jerseys from China on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- school management system on Couple names twin babies Corona and COVID
Leave a Reply