Ooni to build multi-million naira chemotherapy centre
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has promised to build a multi-million Naira Chemotherapy Centre at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan.
This is contained in a statement by the spokesperson of the UCH, Mr Toye Akinrinlola on Wednesday in Ibadan.
Akinrinlola said that the Ooni made the promise when the Chief Medical Director, Prof. Jesse Otegbayo visited him in his palace.
The centre, he said, would be built in partnership with other donors from the U. S.
The statement quoted the monarch as saying: ” the rising cases of cancer in Nigeria calls for concern and action from all well-meaning individuals and corporate organisations in the country.
”I will call on friends and well-wishers to join me in the completion of the centre”.
The monarch also promised to build a multi-million naira Chemotherapy Centre in the teaching hospital.
In his response, Otegbayo appreciated the traditional ruler for his continued support.
Otegbayo called on ”high-net-worth individuals” in Nigeria to assist in taking UCH to an enviable height.
He added that he was determined to ensure that UCH offers world-class training, research and services.
The physical development of the hospital began in 1953 in its present site and was formally commissioned after completion on Nov. 20 November 1957.
It was initially commissioned with 500-bed spaces, currently, the hospital has 850-bed spaces and 163 examination couches with occupancy rates ranging from 55 to 60 per cent.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
- dot grid bullet journal on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- Edgar on SELF LOVE | Six Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- viagra for women on BREAKING: We’ve identified those who had contact with coronavirus patient, says Larfarge
- cheap mlb jerseys from China on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- school management system on Couple names twin babies Corona and COVID
Leave a Reply