Mother of all protests: NLC set to shutdown Nigeria over fuel, electricity tariff hike
The Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, on Monday said all is now ready for a nationwide protest over the refusal of the Federal Government to reverse recent increase in prices fuel and electricity tariff.
The Federal Government had recently hike the prices of fuel to N160 per litre, signifying full deregulation of fuel price regime which will now be controlled by forces of supply and demand at the international market.
The government also hiked electricity tariff by over 100 percent.
A meeting between the Congress and government last Tuesday was deadlock as the government insisted that the hike in prices would remain.
But the NLC, on Tuesday after its National Executive Council meeting said the mother of all protest would kick-off on 28 September, 2020.
Ayuba Wabba, National President, NLC said there was no going back on the massive protest as the government had refused to accede to labour’s demand.
According to him, all Chairmen of NLC in the 36 states of the federation had agreed that the protest should go on to force the government to reverse the unwarranted hike.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
- dot grid bullet journal on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- Edgar on SELF LOVE | Six Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- viagra for women on BREAKING: We’ve identified those who had contact with coronavirus patient, says Larfarge
- cheap mlb jerseys from China on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- school management system on Couple names twin babies Corona and COVID
Leave a Reply