Nigerian govt working with neighbouring countries on reopening of borders – Osinbajo
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said on Sunday the Federal Government is working towards the reopening of Nigeria land borders.
Osinbajo, who disclosed at a webinar organized by The Africa Report, added that the government is working with neighbouring countries on the matter.
President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the full closure of Nigeria land borders in a bid to smuggling in the areas.
Osinbajo said: “We are working with our neighbours to see on what terms we would reopen those borders. At the moment, we are undertaking joint border patrols to control smuggling along the borders. We think the agreement is working and I am sure that soon we should have the borders opened.
“We are committed to the AfCFTA. But we are concerned about threats to security and the economy and we had to take certain actions that would satisfy the immediate needs of our country. The border closure certainly wasn’t meant to be permanent and we are looking forward to reopening as quickly as possible.”
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
- dot grid bullet journal on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- Edgar on SELF LOVE | Six Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- viagra for women on BREAKING: We’ve identified those who had contact with coronavirus patient, says Larfarge
- cheap mlb jerseys from China on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- school management system on Couple names twin babies Corona and COVID
Leave a Reply