JUST IN…Nigeria’s Tokyo Olympic medal hopeful, Okagbare, suspended for doping violation
Nigerian athlete, Blessing Okagbare has been provisionally suspended from the Tokyo 2020 Olympics competition for testing positive to a banned substance.
This was announced in a statement on Saturday by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU), hours before Okagbare was due to run in the semifinals of the women’s 100 meters.
According to the AIU, Okagbare tested positive for human growth hormone in an out-of-competition test on July 19, four days before the Olympics opened, prompting a mandatory provisional suspension.
The AIU said results of that test were only received by track and field’s anti-doping body late Friday.
Okagbare had already run in the 100 heats on the opening day of track competition at the Olympic Stadium in Tokyo.
She won her heat in 11.05 seconds and was due to run in the semifinals on Saturday.
The highly-anticipated women’s 100 final is the last event on the day’s track schedule.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
- dot grid bullet journal on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- Edgar on SELF LOVE | Six Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- viagra for women on BREAKING: We’ve identified those who had contact with coronavirus patient, says Larfarge
- cheap mlb jerseys from China on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- school management system on Couple names twin babies Corona and COVID
Leave a Reply