Tension in Abia as soldiers reportedly ‘gun down’ suspected IPOB members
Personnel of the Nigerian Army have reportedly gunned down militants of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) during a gun duel around the palace of Eze Aro in Arochukwu Local Government Area of Abia State.
It was gathered that the incident occurred on Thursday when some youths were said to have stormed the streets celebrating the appearance of the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu at the Federal High Court Abuja.
A security source told DAILY POST that about five persons were gunned down during the gunfire which aroused tension in the area.
Details of the incident are still sketchy as at press time as the army is yet to react to the report.
The spokesman of the state’s police command, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna, who said he would not speak for the army, confirmed the clash between the suspected IPOB members and some soldiers.
DAILY POST had reported that the secessionist was at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday for the continuation of his trial over allegations of terrorism and treasonable felony.
His request to be moved from the Kuje Correctional Centre from the Department of State Service, DSS, facility to Kuje correctional center was, however, turned down by Justice Binta Nyako who adjourned the case to November 10.
Credit: Daily Post
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
- dot grid bullet journal on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- Edgar on SELF LOVE | Six Ways To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- viagra for women on BREAKING: We’ve identified those who had contact with coronavirus patient, says Larfarge
- cheap mlb jerseys from China on 2023 Election: Prophet Wale Ola Reveals Shocking Prophecies About Buhari, Atiku, And El-Rufai
- school management system on Couple names twin babies Corona and COVID
Leave a Reply